Holiday cookies. A fire crackling in the hearth. ’Jack Frost nipping at your nose.’ Winter is hitting its stride here in the Pacific Northwest and we’re all spending a lot more time indoors.
From hosting holiday gatherings to cuddling on the couch, our homes are working really hard. They’re also taking a bit of a beating as dirt and dust are tracked indoors. Don’t just let it keep accumulating.
Use the following checklist to deep clean your entire house, improving the health of your living space.
All your holiday cooking can cause untold amounts of splatters and stains to accumulate on your surfaces. Small bits of who knows what gets trapped inside drawers. And, we don’t even want to think about what’s been spilled in the refrigerator.
- Kitchen grout
- Under your refrigerator
- The inside of your refrigerator
- The inside of your dishwasher
- The face of your kitchen cabinets and appliances
- The inside of your kitchen cabinets
Lots of people visiting? As lovely as they may be, the added traffic can make your bathroom grimy in a hurry.
- Bathroom grout
- The face of your bathroom cabinets
- Inside your kitchen cabinets
- Your countertops
- Bathroom floor
- Bathroom mirror
Don’t sleep in grime. It can wreak havoc on your health.
- Wash your comforters
- Wash your throw pillow covers
- Flip your mattress
- Vacuum under your bed
- Vacuum under your hanging clothes
The longer you let your space stay dirty, the harder it will be clean.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture
- Dust tabletops and shelving
- Dust table legs and chair legs
- Wipe down screens
- Clean keyboards and remotes
Around the House
It’s shocking sometimes to see how much accumulates on our walls.
- Wipe down walls
- Wash windowsills
- Clean washer and dryer
- Wipe down doorknobs and light switches
- Vacuum rugs
- Sweep floors
- Wipe down baseboards