There are hundreds of choices when it comes to bathroom towels. Each one claims to be better than the next. How do you know which one to pick?
3 Tips for Selecting the Best Bathroom Towels
1. Look for a High Fiber Count
There is a lot of talk about premium cottons, like Egyptian and Supima. However, premium cottons don’t have a huge effect on the softness or durability. Fiber count is the biggest component, with 100% cotton having the best results.
2. Give the Towel a Visual Inspection
There’s no replacement for quality craftsmanship. Take a look at the stitching. You want to see close, secure stitches. This helps extend the towels shelf life, so that you don’t have to replace it frequently.
3. Go Heavier on Weight
A towel’s weight refers to its density. It’s generally measured in grams per square meter (GSM). The heavier the towels weight, the plusher the towel will be. Towels in the 500-700 GSM range often tend to be the favored weight.
Best Bathroom Towels
The Spruce released a list of their top picks for towels in 2018 and it’s loaded with fabulous choices. These are our favorites from that list.
- Frontgate Resort Towels: With a 700 GSM, these ultra-absorbent towels are so plush and soft they’ll make you think you’re at a resort.
- AmazonBasics Quick-Dry 3-Piece Towel Set: This bundle set is a fabulous bargain that dries quickly and absorbs moisture well.
- Pottery Barn Organic Cotton Tencel Towels: Passionate about buying organic? These towels are just the thing for you. The offer a spa-like feel, high quality and are made from responsibly managed forests.
- Superior 900 Gram Egyptian Cotton Bath Towel: One of the thickest, softest, and most absorbent towels available. This one is made to last.
Get more helpful bathroom tips.